create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My {bathroom makeover} info...

Thanks so much for all of your awesome comments on the bathroom makeover!  :)  I also received a few comments and e-mails asking me if I wouldn't mind breaking-down the info on my bathroom project...so here are the paint colors...costs...etc.

 I used all Behr brand paints ...and used French Roast for my vanity, and around mirror...Coliseum Marble for the upper wall...and Silky White for the beadboard.  I also bought a Silky White in Hi-Gloss and used it on the trim.  These colors were from the Premium Plus Ultra Color Center.  I had them mix the coliseum marble and silky white in the regular Behr paint...and had the french roast mixed in the premium plus ultra. (AWESOME stuff...I only had to paint the vanity @ mirror once...so it was definitely worth the extra money)


This is about how much the supplies came to:

Beadboard -$40
Liquid Nails-$13.00 (we also used a few nails to hold up the beadboard)
Caulk-$3
1x4 & 1x6 pine for around mirror-$13
Moulding (base, top of beadboard)-$27
Paint-$80
Light Fixture{Home Depot}, Faucet{Home Depot}, TP and Towel Holders{Lowe's}, Handle on front of vanity and shower curtain rod{Target}, Towel Hooks{Lowe's},- about $240.00

So the total cost of our bathroom re-do was around $415.00! 
The HUGE smile on my face-Priceless  :) 
Let me tell ya...it feels like night and day...and was worth every penny.  :)



Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Love the beadboard! I love how tall it is too!! and the blue vanity is fabulous. Did you buy a new one or just refurbish one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I wonder why is it that a shade of blue really fits well in a bathroom. Our bathroom uses light blue tiles and really gives a good effect. I feel like I'm in a deep blue sea. Anyway, I love the new look of your bathroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! So classy looking and the colors are perfect. Nice work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job! Thanks for posting the colors...I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks terrific, Stacie! I know exactly how you felt the moment you saw the upshot of the makeover. It’s a mix of indescribable relief and genuine happiness. Well, no doubt about that because you really did a good job renovating that bathroom. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great makeover! I love the colours you have chosen they'll pair so nicely with any other colour too so you'll have a lot of freedom to switch up accessories throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for share your personal experience with us. This blog will definitely help me (to manage my budget) in future for my kitchen renovation project.

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!