create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Monday, November 9, 2009

ThAnKfuL Blocks!




Here are some FuN blocks I made the other day. I used scrap 2x4's and 2x6's that I had laying around. I made my own stencil by printing the letters on card stock...then using an exact-o knife.. to cut them out. Then I stenciled the letters on the painted blocks...then sanded and stained the edges. SuPeR EaSy...and SuPer CuTe!!
HaVe FuN!!

14 comments:

  1. super cute! love it, I'm going to try it this weekend. Do you use a special type of stain? Or just anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie,
    Those are ADORABLE. I love the colors and different fonts used!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christa-
    I use Minwax Wood Finish in a Dark Walnut color. I bought mine @ Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, you did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love your stencil idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently raided my hubby's scrap pile and took a bunch of pieces like these, not knowing what to do with them.....Now I know what to do!!
    I LOVE these blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are super cute!!!
    Hey Stacie, I was wondering if you would like to do a giveaway on my blog the first week of December? I remember you doing a giveaway on The Dress Up Drawer, and I would love it if you would want to give one of your cute things away on my blog! http://chad-tiff.blogspot.com. Let me know-I LOVE your stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh! I like it! And you made it look pretty easy. I'll have to try it! Love the fonts and colors, they are cheery and still "fall"y (that's totally not a word).

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my, so simple but so cute! You are very creative! Thanks for a great idea of ways to use scraps!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is the stain and where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I and girls in my craft group are in love with these block! We're going to make them, but I need to get some wood cut for everyone. Any chance you know the dimensions so you could help me out?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!