create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Monday, December 7, 2009

Popsicle Stick Sled Ornament!

Start off with 7 Popsicle sticks...
Cut all but 2 to the same dimensions above. {I use tree pruning shears to cut mine.}


Cut scrapbook paper out with exact-o knife. {I have made some without paper...and they turned out CuTe too.}...

Mod Podge the paper to the sticks...

Turn the sticks face down and glue the 2 sticks that go across...

then glue your bottom sticks on...

then when dry...flip your sled over and glue on your header stick...

then...when dry...flip sled back over...and glue some jute for the handle!

And there you have it!!!
These are really fun to make. They would be a blast to make with your kiddos!! One year I made these and used them instead of tags for all of my Christmas presents. {when I had a little more time :) } I just wrote on the sled with a perm. marker! Also... I have learned that you could use hot glue if you want...but when I went to get my ornaments out the following year...they didn't stay glued. Sooo...I use clear Tacky Glue instead.
HaVe FuN!!


22 comments:

  1. Perfect timing - we are going to make ornaments as gifts this year. One question - the edges of your sticks (after paper is on) are brownish. How do you do that???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SarahAnne-
    Yes...I forgot to mention...I rubbed the edges with a brown and black ink pad...to give it that old look. Thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has got to be one of the cutest things I have ever seen! Can't wait to try it....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO CUTE! This is even a great thing to do with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute idea! TFS! I already have all the supplies needed on hand so this will be great to make with the kids tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the decoration you used, what great paper! So much more fun that just painting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really Cute Ornament! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun I think i will let my son help glue it all together it will be a great xmas project together!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so adorable. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cute! I want to try those with my little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable. I am featuring it at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute ornament! I also loved the paper you used - very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stacie-

    That is super cute and pretty frugal I bet! We would love to feature some of your most frugal Christmas Crafts. Would you be interested?

    Thanks for including us in your link list!

    If you are interested in a guest post email us a at faulesslyfrugal at gmail dot com.

    Hope to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is adorable! I can't wait to make some of my own. I used the sled pattern to make an ornament for my daughter to paint today. I put a picture with a link to your blog. Thanks so much.
    http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2009/12/red-sled-start-project.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. My meetup group is having a Shoe-Box-Swap christmas theme crafting night and I'm going to fill my shoe box w/ supplies for everyone to make these. Hope thats ok, I'll provide a link for everyone to this post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Laceylady...no problem :) Thanks so much for asking. I really appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great craft! I found several popsicle stick sled ornaments online, but yours is by far the best! They are easy to make & look fantastic! I'm painting mine w/acrylic paint rather than using scrapbooking paper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stacie! I love this idea! Would you mind if I linked to your project from my site: www.AllFreeHolidayCrafts.com?

    Let me know...

    Thanks!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  19. cute sled project:)we made it with our study of the book Snow Treasure by Marie McSwigan.

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!