create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Friday, July 16, 2010

DIY Photo Art!

Here is a FuN photo art idea that I made for my sons room!

I took this pic of him...and sent it into Costco to have it enlarged to a 20x30 which cost only $8.99! {LoVe the price...and how it turned out!}


Then I went to the dollar store, and bought a piece of foam board which happen to be the same size of my pic. {20x30} ...and bought some of this spray adhesive @ Walmart. {If you don't want that large of a picture...just cut the foam board down to the size you need... with a box cutter or exact-o knife.}


Then... I sprayed the foam board with the adhesive giving it a good, even, thin coat...




Then stuck the picture on ...and smoothed with my arms {because my fingers were sticky} starting from the center pressing to the outer edges trying to eliminate any air bubbles...then let completely dry.

And there ya have it!

Such a FuN and {inexpensive} way to add a personal touch to any room!

Also...check out this other FaBuLouS Photo Art project @ From An Igloo!


So CuTe!!




9 comments:

  1. That's so cute - and what an affordable way to have some neat art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great price, great pic. and it looks great too! Thanks for sharing, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea and very inexpensive. I love the picture and how it all turned out. Thanks for sharing how to make it even more special :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing picture of you son! TFS this simple, gorgeous project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just did this over my fireplace with my kids' picture! Love it. Way simple and big impact!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [16 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!! Did you have a lot of problems with air bubbles and wrinkles? My sister in law and I did this with modge podge and a canvas and it had a lot of air bubbles and pretty bad wrinkles. Do you have any tips? I featured this on my friday favorites!
    http://lilbitofus.blogspot.com/2010/07/friday-favorites_23.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!