create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Monday, May 24, 2010

{FuN} Teacher Necklaces!


Here is a FuN...and SUPER easy necklace that i made for my kid's teachers this year.
First I printed out their teachers names on card stock. Then I put a piece of clear packing tape over the names {I'll explain in a minute :)}
Then I cut out the names...
Then I used these AWESOME {Fragments} from Tim Holtz... that i bought @ JoAnns! They were on sale...but if they are not...use your 40% off coupon. You get a TON of different sized pieces in one pack!
Check out this awesome video where Tim Holtz demonstrates how to use Fragments:
{head down and hit pause on the music list before starting :) }


Then... I used a little Diamond Glaze {you could also use Glossy Accents} to glue the names onto the Fragment. The reason why I put clear packing tape over the names...is because I didn't want the printer ink to bleed when I added the glaze.
Then...I added more Diamond Glaze over the whole Fragment...then stuck it to a piece of scrap scrapbooking paper. Then let dry...then trim paper around Fragment. I also sanded the paper edges to give it a more finished look.

Then...I drilled a hole...
And added an o-ring...and whatever cording that was left over from these.
Also...I added a little jewel to the bottom corner using E-6000 adhesive.
And there ya have it!!
So SiMpLe and CuTe!!
You could have a TON of Fun with these...and make these for ANYONE by personalizing them however you'd like!!

Happy Crafting!!


40 comments:

  1. Oh I bet the teachers would love that! It's so original and they're super cute! Plus, not an apple in SIGHT! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I have those Tim Holtz fragments and haven't been inspired to do anything with them til now. Thanks for the inspiration. This is not the first time I have bookmarked one of your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! I love this as a last day of school gift. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your blog, so many ideas. I am passing this award on to you. Check out my blog to see the rules.
    www.ideacloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ive been wanting to do something like this for a while. But have been stumped at how to go about doing it. Thanks for this tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from this post. Love the tutorial, and I would love this even as a high school teacher!

    :) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! My husband is finishing up his first year of teaching and wanted to give some gifts to the other teachers that have really helped him this year. Now I know what to make them! I'm also a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! Thanks so much for the great tutorial. Signing up as a new follower...can't wait to look around.

    Hope you have a great day,
    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are terrific! Thanks for a GREAT tutorial too. I always love your for-real ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome!! In your tutorial did you glue the items on top or underneath the fragment?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a great idea. What did you do to the back of the charm to seal it?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lisa & Julie! I glued the paper and the names to the bottom of the fragment...and the jewel to the top. And... as far as sealing it on the back...You prob. could go over the back of it with the same glaze if you wanted...but I didn't do anything and it turned out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to try this one!! thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea!!! Thanks so much for posting. I've been wanting to make some necklaces like these for my little girl. Just posted about it on my Facebook page too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this idea! gotta get me to the craft store soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this project! Thanks for introducing me to fragments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Stacie, I tried this necklace out for my future daughter-in-law and gave it to her at her bridal shower. Check it out at http://www.luckyloveshome.com/2010/06/necklace-for-sarah.html.
    Thanks for such a great idea and for such a great blog. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw this for a teacher and knew this is what I wanted to do for my daughter's 3 teacher's. It is just so different and unique. Here is the link to my blog. Thank you!
    http://tinalara-mylife.blogspot.com/2010/06/last-day-of-school.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is great! I have to find the Tim Holz fragments today at JoAnns when I go. :)

    mommyoftwo247.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been making a similar project, using photos to make picture pendants for myself. I love my Fragments, it's great to get so many in a package!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an awesome and unusual idea! As a parent and teacher it's so different and fun! Thanks for the idea. I had never heard of the fragments until today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea! I was wondering, could you use Mod Podge instead of the Diamond Glaze? I have tons left over from another project and it would be more convenient for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heya
    I am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly and useful.
    It helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and help others like you aided me.

    personalized necklace
    pictures on gold

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good Morning! I wanted to let you know that I featured this great idea in my "What I Bookmarked This Week" post - stop by and see.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I was looking for information on how to make homemade charms and came across your site!! I have a friend who's daughter is leaving on a mission and wanted to customize it for her mission!! This is awesome!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is very informative post. I have tried and made some beautiful Personalized Jewelry collection. Thank You very much for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!