create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Monday, July 13, 2009

FuN Monogrammed Necklace!

Here is another FuN necklace idea:

I came across this idea at Mod Podge Rocks! I LoVe this blog!! Amy has so many CuTe CuTe crafting ideas using Mod Podge. She has instructions on how she made hers here!!
I LoVe personalizing stuff...so I made these for my girls.

You could get pretty CrEaTiVe with these...you could put shapes, pictures, photos, and you could even glam them up with that glitter glaze!

I first drilled a hole with a 1/16" drill bit in the top of the circle...then painted mine with regular craft paint...then traced the wooden circle on some scrapbook paper... cut it out...glued it on...then when the glue was dry...I used the drill to make the hole in the paper.

Then used my Cricut to cut out the letter...and Mod Podged it on. I would think you could use that Diamond Glaze that we used on the washer necklaces too...if you would like that glassy look. I haven't tried it yet...but I think it might turn out really CuTe! {FYI} The M was made out of scrapbook paper...and the A was made out of vinyl.
Then...I just attached a 7mm jump ring that I bought at JoAnns!!
Very Inexpensive and Very FuN to Make!!
HaVe Fun!!

13 comments:

  1. love it..my daughter will be excited to try this one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, these are adorable! I love the personal touch to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig this! I linked at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these. These are so fun! Thank you for linking to my blog! How sweet are you??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just (like I don't even have it on a string yet) tried the Diamond Glaze on a square wooden thing and it is WAY cute! I think it would be super cute on these, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind or brand of stain do you use on all your wood projects? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where do you buy diamond glaze at?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use the MINWAX wood finish...the color is dark walnut. I just dip an old rag or sock in it and wipe it on with that. Blot your rag first before you wipe it on the wood so that it doesn't go on too thick!
    I bought my diamond glaze at a discount craft store "Hobby Center". I have heard you can find stuff just like it from Creative Memories or in the scrapbooking section at Michaels...i'm not sure what that brand is called. Hope this help a little! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute idea! If I had a drill I would so be making these! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Heather
    The Gift Closet

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also did these!! I bought a smaller, not-as-thick circle (I did them for little girls for a Birthday party), so I could use my Cropadile for punching/drilling the hole. I also linked back to you!! (http://mommyprincess.blogspot.com/2010/02/feelin-crafty.html)

    Thanks for all the great ideas!! :) I was pleasantly surprised at how easy these were to get done!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them. I hope you don't mind I included them in my Five Favorites Friday post.

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!