create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Monday, March 1, 2010

DIY Painted Canvas Art!

First...I started off with a 16x24 canvas ...that I painted white...


Then...used my Cricut...and cut out the words that I wanted to stencil on the canvas...
Then...laid the letters on the canvas to decide where I wanted them...and marked lightly with a pencil...


Then used the stencil part of the cutouts...and taped the middles of the letters to the stencil so that my letters have middles...{hope that made sense?}



Then...line your stencils up to your markings you made...and start stenciling.
TIP: I placed a few books under my canvas to give the canvas a flat, hard surface to make it easier to stencil on.


Then fill in your tape marks from the letter middles...

Then...I wiped stain on the edges of the canvas with a rag {I use Minwax ...dark walnut stain}...



And there you have it!!! Very simple...and FuN!


HaVe a GreaT Day!!


33 comments:

  1. That is so cute and simple! Now I just have to myself a Cricut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute & personal idea! Luv it too!.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I'll have to dust off my silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I really need to get myself a circut machine! Love your blog by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. could you do the same thing with freezer paper if you don't have a cricut?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily!
    That's a great idea. I would think freezer paper would work too...I'm not really that experienced with it...but its worth a try! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What font is this? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic!!
    I was also wondering what cricut cartridge you used? :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! I used the Plantin SchoolBook Font.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Here's my version, http://raynas-place.blogspot.com/2010/02/keeping-busy.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out so cute, I love it! I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought a canvas today to make this! I'm going to be using a different quote but I need to dust off my cricut and this is a great project to do so! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this! I have been using my Cricut cut outs and then the stencil for a while now and it works GREAT! Even if you use it with the vinyl. Love the canvas idea!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea... I wanted to do this exact thing but thought it seemed harder. You make it look easy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  15. great idea - i bought a large canvas a few weeks ago to do the same thing but i've been lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. for some reason I'm not a huge fan of the wooden plaques, but the canvas I really like! Thanks for the tip on using the wood stain.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous and looks store bought completely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Which cartridge did you use for the Cricut for that nice font? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE this idea! I'd be curious to know which cartridge you used too! I love the font choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great project Stacie!! I love how simple and powerful it is. Love it!!

    Thanks so much for linking it up to my Subway Art Party! You are the best :)

    XOXO
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow /Hey thanks man!! you are so good. I think this the perfect work.
    oil Painting

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is absolutely adorable! Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. this might be a dumb question and a bit late but what did you use to fill in the stencil letters? Was it the same stuff you rubbed on the edges of the canvas?

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE this!!!! So glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. nice posting, there are too good prints posted, i like the print, great text in the print, i am come across your blog and i am very happy to see it. thanks for sharing this wonderful post.


    canvas prints

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!