create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Friday, June 5, 2009

Personalized Beach Towel

My kiddos think these are pretty CoOL! I think they will get used a-lot this summer. They even love to lay them all out... in the house... and sit on them when they are watching TV.

These were fun to make! The towels I bought at Walmart (last year) for only $3. For these...I just traced some card stock letters (that I printed from my computer and cut out with an exact-o knife) onto some scrap fabric ...cut them out...and used fabric glue and StUcK them on the towel . Then I zig-zag stitched around the edge of each letter. If you don't like the frayed edge on the letters after you wash the towel...you could try using "Fray Check". I like the frayed look. Although... I did still have to trim some of the threads a bit after the first washing.

If you feel really CrEaTiVe...you could add flowers, or a dinosaur, or whatever your child would like!

I need to make some more of these... for when they take their baths so they don't use a new towel every time...which means" LeSS LaUnDrY "for me!! Yea!!

These would also make really cute Birthday or Christmas Gifts!! Have FuN!!




10 comments:

  1. Cute! I really like this idea and think my kids would also LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that idea. I think I will definetly be doing that! They turned out really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Thanks, Stacie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get to return the favor and pass along an awe-summm award to you! Sorry about about the blog award overload but hey- you do a good job!
    ~Andy
    poppiesatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave your blog and Awe-summm award on my blog: www.firefliesandjellybeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. how cute! i'm totally making these for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm about to attempt some towel applique-ing myself. Anything I should know first? I'm a little scared. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! My girls will love this and great idea for summer birthday gifts! Come link at my very first party!
    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!