create.

"As you take the normal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beauty and helpfulness,
you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you"

Dieter F. Uchtdorf






Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cupboard Door Magnetic Boards!

Hi All!!

I'm back from a very FuN & BuSy Holiday break! Whew... I really shouldn't have slept in {everyday} till 9:30...because I sure am feeling the effects when I have to wake-up and get the kiddos ready for school. :) But... I SuRe ENJOYED it!! I hope you all had a FuN and SaFe holiday also! :)

Anywhoo... now that Christmas is over...I thought I'd share a few projects that I was busy working on.


Magnet Boards for my nieces


Here's how I made them:

First...I sanded the cupboard door down...then instead of using a metal sheet...I used magnetic paint that I bought @ Home Depot. Then I painted the magnetic paint on the center panel of the cupboard door. I put on about 7 coats of paint before the magnets from my fridge would stay put...and realized that it wasn't strong enough to hold up a paper...so...I went to JoAnn's and bought some metal heavy duty magnets, and thankfully they worked perfectly. Then...I painted the outer edge of the cupboard...sanded the edges...and wiped stain on them. Then...screwed {mug} hooks into the bottom {so that they could hang their necklaces}...and drilled holes in top...and hung with wire.


HaVe FuN!


18 comments:

  1. love love this idea! and with the hooks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Where do you find the cupboard doors? I was thinking of putting an ad in freecycle to see if anyone has any they are getting rid of. I love it. I have never worked with magnetic paint but have wanted to. Very adorable. Glad you had a nice break!

    XOOX
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling blog and FULL of great ideas!!!!
    Thanks for being so creative and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your blog! :) I linked people from my blog to yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and have been a follower for a while!! I have the same question about where you find the cupboards? I am curious about where to find them

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too was wondering where you find the cupboard doors? I love your blog and have made several of your crafts. Thanks for all the great ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea! I totally love it...if only I had some cabinet doors around

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi All...
    I buy my cabinet doors from a discount building supply store here in Idaho. If you live in or around Western Idaho...shoot me an e-mail...and I'll be happy to let ya know where it is!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another great one...love that pink one

    ReplyDelete
  10. first of all i so feel your pain with the whole sleeping in because it's christmas vacation.. i'm paying for it big time these last couple of days... anyway, love your blog.. don't recall how i found it but i love it. i stalk it daily... thanks for so many cute and fun ideas. i've "borrowed" a few already. anyway, get some sleep and back on a routine and thanks again for such an awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So I was just going to tell you about this idea. I guess I was too late. an I thought for once I could help you with something. So much for that idea. They look great!!! Love ya JESS

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I am gonna make them, my little one would love one for her room, thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are so adorable! Very creative idea. I love the frames in all those colors too, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute! I went to Lowe's originally for chalkboard paint, but the sales associate recommended to use magnetic paint first then to apply chalkboard paint and your board would have a double purpose!(He didn't tell me to apply (7) coats?)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. If you used brush on magnetic paint, how do you get the streaks out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I used a roller to apply mine. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't stop here...Click on "OLDER POSTS"!!